Creating a Monitoring Focus
Learn to create a "Focus" which will organize the topics of coverage and influencers that you wish to monitor
What is a Focus?
- A Focus can be thought of as a folder which organizes and contains the various feeds and influencer searches that can be created to monitor campaign and topic coverage.
- Creating a Focus is the first step to effectively using Discover and building feeds to monitor your media coverage and find influencers.
- Reports in Discover are generated on a per Focus basis.
Creating a Focus on Discover
- In order to discover mentions, you must first create a Focus.
- Go to the Feeds section of Discover and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the page, followed by "Manage my feeds". To create a new Focus, click on the large green plus icon next to the word Focus.
- Type the name of your New Focus and click OK to save.
- After clicking OK, you will then be redirected to the blank Focus Dashboard where you can begin to create new Feeds.
- If you wish to replace the default Focus logo (light-bulb in the image above), click "Manage focus logo". This will allow you to insert a custom logo from either your saved image files or brand's Facebook profile page.
- If you wish to rename a Focus, click "Rename" located above the "Mentions Key Figures". You can also "Rename focus" by clicking on the 3 vertical dots to the left of the focus name (please reference the first image in this article and the image below).
- If you wish to delete a focus, click "Remove" located above the "Mentions Key Figures".
- If the focus has not yet been worked on, no data will be deleted.
- If the focus has been worked on previously, please note that after deleting a focus, all searches and feeds will be removed and you won't be able to recover them. This focus will be removed from any newsletter containing it. There is no undo.
- You can also "Remove focus" by clicking on the 3 vertical dots to the left of the focus name (please reference the first image in this article and the image above).
- If you wish to return back to your list of existing focuses, click "Return to All Focuses" within the Focus Dashboard.