Formatting your Logo for the Address Printer
Preparing the logo for uploading to an address printer.
- Open the logo in Photoshop. Go to Image menu and select Image Size.
- Change the longest side (usually Width) to 600 pixels if the Height is under 100 pixels.
- Change the Height to 100 pixels and change the Width under “Canvas Size".
As a Reminder:
- Note that if the height is way more than 100 pixels, don't resize the width.
- Since you can't resize image size width to 600 pixels, change the Height to 100 pixels instead.
Go to Image --> Canvas size and change the shortest side to 100 pixels. If you changed the shortest side in Step 1, change the longest side now to 600.
After you're done with sizing, you can now move on to further formatting your logo by following the below:
- Grayscale the image by Image--> Mode--> Grayscale.
- Adjust the Brightness / Contrast by Image --> Adjustments--> Brightness/Contrast. Make the contrast high and adjust the brightness accordingly.
- Change it to bitmap by Image --> Mode--> Bitmap. For method, use whichever looks best.
- Use the Eraser or Brush tool to correct any extra / missing pixels.
- Go to Image --> Rotate 90 CCW
- Save files as .PCX with 5 characters or less.
Now that you're all set formatting, you're ready to upload!
UPLOADING YOUR LOGO TO AN ADDRESS PRINTER (MAC)
UPLOADING YOUR LOGO TO AN ADDRESS PRINTER (PC)