This article will cover the basic functionalities of planning events, sending invitations, and tracking RSVPs.
Click Layout Preferences in order to change the information visible for each event.
HOW TO ADD A NEW EVENT
- Click Create Event in the upper right corner.
- Fill in at least all the required details marked with a red asterisk *
- Event Configuration: If your event is seated, you must select a seating option here. This cannot be changed once the event has been created.
- Event Time: Please select a time using 24-hour format. The checkbox after Event Time will automatically be checked off for US-based users so the event time appears in 12-hour format.
- Default Guest Limit: This setting cannot be changed once the event has been created. We recommend checking off “Allow Invitee guests” and putting the Default Guest Limit to zero if you are unsure if some of your invitees will have guests. This way, you can manually add them if need be. However, the invitees themselves won’t have the option to add guests.
- Event viewable to all GPS Radar members: Checking this off will not make any specific event details such as location available to other Radar users. They will only see the date, time, client and other Radar information.
- Click Create at the bottom right.
MAKING AN EVENT ACTIVE
To make an event “active,” go to the Events Manager page. Click the drop down box under the Options column and then select the page you wish to navigate to.
HOW TO CREATE INVITATIONS
- Click the Events Mailing tab.
- Select the mailing template you wish to edit.
- Click Edit to make your changes.
- TIP: To add an image in the body of the email, click the small mountain icon.
- Click Save.
HOW TO ADD INVITEES
- Navigate to Invitee Manger.
- Click “Add Invitees” in the upper right corner.
- Search for your invitees by name or contact group.
- Choose “Add all found contacts to Invitees List” to add everyone in your search results or click “Invite” to add contacts individually.
HOW TO SEND INVITATIONS
- Please ensure you have already created your invitations. If you have not, then please go back to “How to Create Invitations”
- From Invitee Manager, search for the contacts you wish to send invitations to.
- Queue them by clicking off the check box next to their name. (You can queue everyone by clicking the small black arrow next to the checkbox at the top left of the list and selecting “All Found”.
- After Queue Options, select “Send to Events Mailing”.
- Choose the template you wish to send
- Click “Import Invitee Queue” to the right of the Template section
- Click “Send to Full List” below the search fields. If you prefer, you can preview an individual's email under the Options column. You can also send their email individually under this column.
HOW TO CREATE REPORTSThe RSVP report will probably the most useful because it is entirely customizable. You can create a template: You can Search by RSVP status: You can also search by Attended after the event is over.
HOW CAN I MANUALLY MARK AN INVITEE'S RSVP?
- From Invitee Manager, make sure the “RSVP” column is showing from Layout Preferences.
- Search for the contact.
- Click the small circle near the RSVP you want to mark. A small gray envelope will appear next to those you have RSVPed Yes. Clicking this envelope will send the recipient their confirmation email.
HOW CAN I MARK AN INVITEE AS ATTENDED?
- From Invitee Manager, make sure the “Attended” column is showing from Layout Preferences.
- Search for the contact.
- Under the Attended column, click the checkbox next to the Invitee’s name to mark them as Attended.